Where Is Ramanessin Creek?

jonnyquest

I was at Big Brook a couple weeks ago near the bridge and was wondering if anyone knew of any other areas to check out. I heard of Ramanessin creek and shark river but not sure how to get there from Big brook. If anyone has directions to either of these places I'd appreciate it. Thanks-

if your talking about the bridge on boundary rd, keep going straight past the bridge a mile or 2 til you come to the stop sign. thats county rt.520/newmans spring rd. make a rt on 520. keep going for about 4 miles. you'll come to the center of town in holmdel. just past the center of town, you'll go over a little bridge. thats rammenessin. just after the bridge, make a left on middletown rd. you can park on the left just after you make the left on middletown rd. by the green telephone box, and go down the path. if there's no place there to park...just park across the street at the school.

Thanks Lordpiney. I'm trying to find different places to hunt in N.J. Shark River is around there too somewhere.

Thanks Lordpiney. I'm trying to find different places to hunt in N.J. Shark River is around there too somewhere.

no problem. i dont go to shark river too often. always seems like slim pickins there. get google earth, and do some research. most of the streams in monmouth county have fossils in one form or another. good luck.

• 6 months later...

no problem. i dont go to shark river too often. always seems like slim pickins there. get google earth, and do some research. most of the streams in monmouth county have fossils in one form or another. good luck.

i live in central jersey... wait so ANY stream in Mounmouth has fossils? cool.......

i live in central jersey... wait so ANY stream in Mounmouth has fossils? cool.......

lol...no. not EVERY stream in monmouth co has fossils in it, but quite a few of them do. as long as they fall in the green area on the map...you have a good chance of finding something goood.

new_jersey_cretaceous_revised_3.gif

lol...no. not EVERY stream in monmouth co has fossils in it, but quite a few of them do. as long as they fall in the green area on the map...you have a good chance of finding something goood.

new_jersey_cretaceous_revised_3.gif

haha lol thanks.... for a second i was really excited.... ^_^