Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'leptictis'.
Found 2 results
I'm posting a current project in the hopes that it actually makes me finish it. I have a tendency to start several projects and set them aside for years. This Lepticitis was found in Wyoming in the late 90's. The initial prep was done by someone else (unknown) before the specimen made it to my collection. I've spent the last 5-6 hours under a scope removing glue, I would have almost surmised it was dipped in penetrant. It appears to have some abrasion damage as well, see the dorsal view of the skull above the orbits. I also took the opportunity to clean out foramen and do other various cleaning with pins and needles to get it to the state it is in now. Wish I'd though to get a pic before I started. Thanks to @jpc, I have some excellent photos of another Leptictis to base reconstruction off of. I'll post some more photos as the work progresses.