Sign in to follow this  
glacialerratic

Rockport Quarry

dudeman

Different places, different fossils. None the less, great find.

jugglerguy

Thanks. I really had no idea what I had. It just looked cool and I thought my wife might want it for her science classroom. What sorts of things do you find in Wisconsin?

willkell

I'm planning a trip to the Alpena area, and would like to go to the quarry. Since this thread, the Rockport Quarry has been made a state park. I've seen on multiple websites that you must get permission to hunt there. I cannot, however, find out who to contact to grant me permission. Does anyone know?

Auspex

I'm planning a trip to the Alpena area, and would like to go to the quarry. Since this thread, the Rockport Quarry has been made a state park. I've seen on multiple websites that you must get permission to hunt there. I cannot, however, find out who to contact to grant me permission. Does anyone know?

I would contact the DNR. Here's a link to info: LINK

crinus

Needing permission would be news to me. I was there last fall and that was not the case. You only need your State Park permit, which you need for any state park. Let me know if that has changed as I never plan that trip in advance.

crinus

Rockydog

Was there today, no permission required. No DNR personnel on site, either.

NappingHamster

Hi. Visit the site often, it's not a state park, it's a state recreation area. Not wrote the same thing. Also, is very much a project (unfinished). There's no permission required at this time, but who knows if things will stay that way.