Any advice for a noob?

Irongiant97

So im very new to this and since winter is here, I thought it'd be a good time to ask for any advice for a novice (ie tools, where to look, anything that would be useful). I don't know anything about how to actually go about looking for fossils. So far I've learned a bit from people here, but just to get a basic gist overall would be a good start.

Edited by Irongiant97
needs more info

It kind of all depends on where you are and what type of fossils you are going for.

Give us some idea of where you are in Minnesota so if there are members in that general area, they can give you the best advice.

8 minutes ago, caldigger said:

It kind of all depends on where you are and what type of fossils you are going for.

Give us some idea of where you are in Minnesota so if there are members in that general area, they can give you the best advice.

I've already asked, what I meant was I just want some general fossil hunting advice. sorry I wasn't more specific.

Plenty of advice for you already posted here.  ;) 

A Forum search for certain terms will bring you lots of information. 
There probably aren't many questions you can think of haven't already been answered here already. :) 

First year hunting experiences: LINK

Collecting Gear

A Beginner's Guide to Fossil Hunting.

A Noob's Guide for New Collecting Sites.

Books for Beginners

Good luck! 

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

10 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Plenty of advice for you already posted here.  ;) 

A Forum search for certain terms will bring you lots of information. 
There probably aren't many questions you can think of haven't already been answered here already. :) 

First year hunting experiences: LINK

Collecting Gear

A Beginner's Guide to Fossil Hunting.

A Noob's Guide for New Collecting Sites.

Books for Beginners

Good luck! 

Thanks!