New 91 Million Year Old Shark Species From Kansas

Scylla

Exciting development for us Western Interior hunters! Now, time to look for it in the Eagle Ford... maybe? Or does the statement, “That's when we realized that almost all the teeth from North America previously reported as Cretodus crassidens belong to a different species new to science,” mean that it has probably already been found in the Eagle Ford? Maybe in the Atco, too? :zzzzscratchchin:

2 hours ago, Heteromorph said:

Exciting development for us Western Interior hunters! Now, time to look for it in the Eagle Ford... maybe? Or does the statement, “That's when we realized that almost all the teeth from North America previously reported as Cretodus crassidens belong to a different species new to science,” mean that it has probably already been found in the Eagle Ford? Maybe in the Atco, too? :zzzzscratchchin:

I'll bet you already have teeth from this shark

• I found this Informative 1

Very interesting.   This specimen was found in th Blue Hill Shale.   The Cretodus teeth from the Blue hill shale look different than the ones in the Codell Sandstone above it, or the ones found in the Greenhorn limestone below it.  I'm curious to see how these other Cretodus get classified.

• I found this Informative 3

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

38 minutes ago, Scylla said:

I'll bet you already have teeth from this shark

Probably. :D Just not the whole shark. 

• 1 month later...