Novice looking for advice

Foxx

Hey guys, Ive found these while out on a walk with my dog. I was wondering if they could possibly be teeth or maybe my imagination is seeing things and they are just rocks. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance. Foxx :)

15741459587158997601955574583679.jpg

Welcome to the forum :)

They all look geological to me, IMO they could be concretion fragments.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

maybe my imagination is seeing things and they are just rocks.

Hello Foxx and a warm welcome to TFF from Austin, Tx.  I think you will find that this is a great place to bring such questions as you have raised.  I hope that this accidental find while out walking your dog has stirred an interest in fossils and the fossil collecting hobby.  If so, we'll look forward to seeing more of your finds. 

I've not been to Australia, but we have a number of members from Australia (Yes, i know - it's a BIG continent, and admittedly, I don't know where any of them are exactly located - But . . .).  They might be able to steer you in some direction to hunt fossils near Toowoomba

As for what I see in the photos above, I think your suspicion about your imagination is correct for this lot of specimens.  But please continue to be a part of our welcoming community.

• I found this Informative 2

Welcome to the Forum.:)

Your items lack any type of enamel, and there is no bone or root texture.

These are the missing characteristics that point to your items being rocks, and not teeth.

You might consider joining in a local or regional fossil club, to point you towards actual fossi!s.

Keep looking, and good luck.  :)

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thankyou so much guys :) the more I looked at them and did research, I realised I just got too excited. How ever I did find this and I think it might be a flower, I haven't tried to clean it as I don't want to ruin anything. What do you guys think? 

15741710147485397001262968215002.jpg

And thankyou so much for your warm welcomes, it's definitely sparked a curiosity inside of me and I haven't been able to stop looking! I've looked up a local club and will hopefully get to know more soon learning with them and you guys! :)