Pennsylvanian fish poster for GSA 2020 meeting

BobWill

A Russian colleague of Dr. Barbara Seuss will be presenting a poster at the March 2020 GSA meeting in Ft. Worth. It is on Finis Shale fish microremains based on their study of material from Jacksboro Texas. In October of 2016 several of us from Dallas Paleontological Society helped Barbara take sample material for her work and they are still gathering data from the resulting fossils.

Dr. Seuss is with the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg in Baravia Germany and hosted another poster by a student of hers at the GSA meeting in Phoenix this year. It was on bivalves also from the Finis Shale exposures at Jacksboro.

• I found this Informative 3

Is it tilted: One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish?  Sorry, I could not resist.  :heartylaugh:

• I found this Informative 2

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, Bullsnake said:

@BobWill

Will copies of the poster be available for purchase?,:fingerscrossed:

Maybe someone familiar with usual protocol will know.

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Shamalama said:

Is it tilted: One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish?  Sorry, I could not resist.  :heartylaugh:

OMG! I am so glad you said it. I've been holding it in for sooooo long....  A fish researcher named DR SEUSS....:heartylaugh::default_rofl:

@BobWill sorry for the hysterics!

I'd love to see the poster as well.

Congrats to you and the Dallas Crew. I met some of your folks at NAPC a couple of years ago as part of the FOSSIL symposium. Definitely good people!

5 hours ago, sharkdoctor said:

OMG! I am so glad you said it. I've been holding it in for sooooo long....  A fish researcher named DR SEUSS....:heartylaugh::default_rofl:

Yeah SD, and beyond that I had to quit using Barbara's initials after the time she thought I was calling her out for something. LOL

• I found this Informative 1