Dinosaur skin impression or mummy skin

Raulsaurus

Hello! I see this skin impression.

What do you think about quality?

Is a skin impression or mummy skin?

The seller told me that belong to Kritosaurus.

Thank you so much.

E541307F-ABE0-4931-B264-C558D9268609.jpeg

0531C37D-6391-4E6F-8647-598746266293.jpeg

B7170F70-231F-4A12-97EC-45AFF68F4BE8.jpeg

Unless this was physically attached to the carcass of that spieces, I don't know how the seller can ID the owner.

This looks like natural geologic processes going on here.

• I found this Informative 2

Yep there is no way to identify it to a species unless it was recovered from a skeleton of a known species.  Where was this specimen found?  On the mummified skin question need to see side views to determine if there is a thickness to the skin.  Looks like there might be some.

• I found this Informative 1

15 hours ago, caldigger said:

Unless this was physically attached to the carcass of that spieces, I don't know how the seller can ID the owner.

This looks like natural geologic processes going on here.

14 hours ago, Troodon said:

Yep there is no way to identify it to a species unless it was recovered from a skeleton of a known species.  Where was this specimen found?  On the mummified skin question need to see side views to determine if there is a thickness to the skin.  Looks like there might be some.

Hello.

I show you more photos of the 2 sides.

The seller shows me an other skin.

Wich one is better? Any with real mummy skin?

The number 2 is the same that I posted first. (For the seller is the best)

Thank you so much.

F4F2B7AB-60DC-49DE-9A65-4E90DBC85DCB.jpeg

97E1EBE9-C4F2-4087-8977-12822C8E4966.jpeg

D7F7164C-07DD-4189-807C-18C6378A801E.jpeg

F2A12EE5-EF78-4CAC-924A-62680D9ECB00.jpeg

29CAAB67-3D7F-4C1E-B6D3-053119D4EF91.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Need side view not back.  Need to see the edge of the skin.   I like #2

The seller is not very nice ... and does not want to send me more photos. What do you think about skin 2 can it be authentic skin or just the impression?

Its very possible but without additional views I'm not willing to make that call.  Purchase it under the condition that it can be returned for a full refund if you are not satisfied.

31 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Its very possible but without additional views I'm not willing to make that call.  Purchase it under the condition that it can be returned for a full refund if you are not satisfied.

I will do that.

He send me one photo more... it seems that any photo costs 100$ hahahah

F6C489E4-4B9C-4B7D-9B1F-2973886447E0.jpeg

I cannot tell from that picture.  What I looking for is to see a layer of skin on top of matrix that would say its mummified.  If it was an impression the matrix and impression would be similar.  I would go back to my prior statement that says buy it with return privileges 

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

I cannot tell from that picture.  What I looking for is to see a layer of skin on top of matrix that would say its mummified.  If it was an impression the matrix and impression would be similar.  I would go back to my prior statement that says buy it with return privileges 

I will buy it with return privileges.

So this red mark is not the line between the matrix and probably skin? The seller not tell nothing about a mummy skin... for he is only a impression but I think he is only a reseller.

BAE91CBE-4642-424A-A182-1E30FE0406E6.jpeg

It might be, but I dont want to make that call with that image.  Sometimes it's better to hold it in your hands, photos can be deceptive.  I hate to be wrong.

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

It might be, but I dont want to make that call with that image.  Sometimes it's better to hold it in your hands, photos can be deceptive.  I hate to be wrong.

Thank you so much for your huge help and for all the other people in this forum that are helping me to get a nice dinosaur collection.