Help with identification

Joanne1

Hi, I wondered if anyone could please help with the identification of this bone. It was found on St Anne's Beach in the UK. It has a claw like prominence midway down the shaft. The bone on approx 10.5cm long. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

20191122_085509.jpg

Edited by Joanne1

2 hours ago, TqB said:

The local geology is Carboniferous, but the bone looks modern. I'll leave it to the mammal experts!

Thank you TqB. I have looked at lots of pictures but I just can't find anything that seems to match. Hopefully someone will know what it is.

Are we sure that "spur" is part of the bone?  It looks like it might be some mineral growth attachment. 

Not the same color and attachment point does not blend in with original bone like I would expect deformity growth to do.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 hours ago, caldigger said:

Are we sure that "spur" is part of the bone?  It looks like it might be some mineral growth attachment. 

Not the same color and attachment point does not blend in with original bone like I would expect deformity growth to do.

O

P

Edited by Joanne1

Just now, Joanne1 said:

Thank you for you reply. This is a closer photo of the other side. I will try and put some more photos on. 

1574458091176271658039.jpg

Yup, rooster spur. Looks juvenile.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!