Does this claw look ok?

msantix

Hi, There is this claw i have been looking at and i would like to know from the claw experts whether this looks genuine? The seller does state it has some fractures that have been glued and filled and the preservation plus the look of the overall shape leads me to believe that it is genuine. However most (or at least a decent amount of) large claws are probably fabricated to some extent and this claw is 10cm in length (4 inches). Part of the base of the claw looks to have a different colouration from one side so i don't if that is normal or not. Thanks in advance!

IMG_9036_afeebf2c-7c2d-486d-988d-3e2b88f23eef.thumb.jpg.038afead3f7c3f6d00126cf278aef5ba.jpgIMG_9040_88f4a380-7bbd-4f2b-879a-1bf5ea7ca95e.thumb.jpg.93dcab814058976eae97063879cd6d3f.jpg

Here is what caught my eye.  doesn't look good.  Looks put together and then beat up on perpace to hide things. 

RB

dinoclaw.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks guys....almost made an impulse purchase. I think i'll stay away from buying claws at least until i have a much better understanding of the red flags. Thanks again!

On 11/23/2019 at 9:08 PM, msantix said:

Thanks guys....almost made an impulse purchase. I think i'll stay away from buying claws at least until i have a much better understanding of the red flags. Thanks again!

I made a few impulse purchases in the beginning. Luckily, I didn’t lose out too much. I think most of us have been there at some point, even if we don’t want to admit it. ;) 
In this hobby, the old adage “Knowledge is power.” is a rule to live by!

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)