What Kind of Premax?

PaleoNoel

I found this theropod premaxillary tooth on my last day in North Dakota this past summer and since then I've wondered about what it is and if it had and diagnostic features of an particular theropod group. It's just over a centimeter long and has no serrations.

IMG_4397.thumb.JPG.4f1d0820eca87c4ab86d312c8a61c13e.JPG

IMG_E4599.thumb.JPG.3aaf59bd42a3e4199eddf0b02a4253c6.JPGIMG_E4601.thumb.JPG.150b4233efb62835f0cfbf0b48354e5d.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Its an indeterminate theropod.   These small Premaxillary teeth are almost impossible to assign to a species.  Having said that looks more like a Tyrannosaurid tooth than other but like I said hard to assign. Nice tooth

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Its an indeterminate theropod.   These small Premaxillary teeth are almost impossible to assign to a species.  Having said that looks more like a Tyrannosaurid tooth than other but like I said hard to assign. Nice tooth

Thanks for the input, I didn't think it would be truly identifiable. I was happy when I found this one, it happened out of sheer luck when I was looking for the other half of my big Thescelosaur foot claw (which I managed to find a couple pieces of). 

Luck is very important in this business.  Found a tooth once trying my shoelaces.   Ranch friend of mine in Montana was repairing his fence line and hit a "rock" with his foot.   OOPS a pachy dome.  :D  yes it's in my collection.

• I found this Informative 7