Hoping to get some Megalodon help ASAP

Captcrunch227

Was hoping to get some help from someone on here.  Not sure if this is the right forum. 

My wifes work is getting Christmas presents for the local orphanage/children’s home. One of the kids put on his info form that his favorite animal is a Megalodon. 

I was wondering if someone on here might have an extra Megalodon tooth that they’d be willing to donate or sell cheaply so we could help this kid out for Christmas. The boxes go out on Dec. 4th so I’d need to have it by the 3rd. 

Thanks so so much everyone for your help in hopefully giving this kid a very special Christmas. 

You can find a lot on a well known internet site- a quick check just now revealed 5 of them in the 3”-4” range - they end in a few minutes.

I tried my luck and didn’t win any of them. I was kinda hoping a collector on here may have a plethora and wouldn’t mind parting with a junky one or something. Thought I’d at least give it a go and ask

If it didn't have to be a Megalodon I could probably help you out, but those are pretty sparse around these parts. :unsure:

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

There is a member here that sells some megalodon teeth at reasonable prices. Look in fossils for sale 'Collection clearance' 

Good luck! 

I can't offer more than has been said above except to say to your wife "Thank you for your service to the less fortunate."

I do not have many megs and the ones I have are 1-2 inchers, but would let go of one for this good cause. If anyone else with a large collection steps up, I will bow out. Otherwise, I can send it out after the holidays. Keep me posted. I did purchase a 4-5 inch broken meg 2 years ago  for almost nothing then repaired it and gave to a child that was obsessed with megs. It was NOT difficult to get decent results on my first attempt at repair. Keep it in mind if the child wouldn't be happy with a "small" tooth.

Mike

Just re read your post. Didn't realize you needed it so soon. Unfortunately, I will not be back home until next week. If you send me his address, I could send it out directly to him on my return home.

I was able to get some help from @siteseer 

A huge huge huge thanks to him. He’s shipping it out tomorrow. So let’s hope and pray it gets here by Tuesday!