FossilsNS

A Few New Brunswick Tetrapod Footprints

FossilsNS

Hello all,

Here are a few images of some tetrapod footprints my good friend and I collected over the past several years. These fossils were accessioned into the New Brunswick Museum geology/paleontology collection and are currently under study. It is illegal to collect fossils in New Brunswick, however the Museum was very happy that we brought the footprints to their attention and were keen on including us in all the research. We have been working with Matt Stimson, a local (and very knowledgeable) paleontologist, and Olivia King, and have since found MANY more tracks. We are actively writing these specimens up and should have a few publications coming out in upcoming years. There will be much, much more from this site so stay tuned.

rsz_1img_8341a.jpg.f63030f19cc8c5277d23bc29f7e2e19e.jpgrsz_img_8381a.jpg.8d08eb9dc4fa372e74a81af6be1bc4be.jpgrsz_img_8418a.jpg.2f3d6b06a054fe949cdcdbf73608c8af.jpgrsz_img_8457a.jpg.d9094ed426b721bef7d20c458c4d7f2a.jpg

FossilsNS

FossilsNS

Forgot mention, these prints have all been preliminarily identified as Limnopus (pic #2 is questionable though) and are Carboniferous in age.

Fossildude19

Very Cool!

Matt is a member here, (although sadly, is not as active on the Forum as he was a few years ago. ) and we enjoy his input when he does get a chance to chime in here. 

He is very knowledgeable, and kind as well. 

I'm glad you are getting a chance to do the science and research along with the pros. :) 

Sounds like a good time!  :envy:

FossilsNS

Thanks for the kind words.

FossilsNS

Working with them is an absolutely incredible experience. I've learned so much.