Mouth

Utera

Along with all the others, I have started ti bust open some of the rocks my friend has given me. I busted open this one and a couple of pieces of had what seems like teeth in them.

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

The tooth ferry didn't bring that dime. I'm fairly sure that's tabulate coral in the upper left of the second and third photo.

The fuzzy being molds of the pores between the coralites.

So, @Utera, I understand that you are a neophyte to fossil collecting.  I also understand that you have a true interest in fossils and the prehistoric life that they represent.  And I get that you are the early stage of the learning curve and want to understand what you are finding.  SO . . . a belated big WELCOME to TFF.  This is exactly the place to learn and to grow in such interests.

You live in a great state to find great fossils (and minerals, like baraite roses) all around you.

I would invite you to go to the home page of this forum and scroll down to Fossil Sites and to Oklahoma and to pursue that for

a wonderful resource of Oklahoma Literature.

When you fill up your time on these recommendations, ask again.

And again, a belated welcome to TFF.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you so much. It means a lot for someone to recognize my passion for the subject, even though I don't fully understand it yet. I will for sure check out those sites. And again, I very much appreciate it.