Looking for trilobite preparation

Jackson g

Hello all, after some trades with an associate of mine, I have a really nice trilobite in need of preparation. My experience mainly lies with crinoids and brachiopods, and I have only prepped a handful of trilobites. I'm not well familiar with the species anatomy or the rock type, so I would rather a more experienced trilo preparator try for the best quality results. The split rock is clean, and will glue back to prep out nicely it appears. It looks complete, with the split revealing an eye, some of the cephalon, legs, and pygidium. Just a bit of the genal spine remains in the opposite side of the rock. It looks like a nice Gerastos trilobite, probably Gerastos dhondtae of Eifelian (Jemelle Formation). I have more photos I can share, but will only put a few on here. Of course I'm willing to pay the postage and preparator their prepping fee for the service. If anyone knows any service, recommendations, or feels like maybe they are up to the challenge please post or PM me! Thanks, Jackson

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

20191129_220440.jpg

20191129_220934.jpg

Not sure how far you are willing to ship, but you can see if @Malcolmt is interested in taking this on. He is a true artist with the trilos.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

6 hours ago, caldigger said:

Not sure how far you are willing to ship, but you can see if @Malcolmt is interested in taking this on. He is a true artist with the trilos.

It can fit into a small flat rate box no problem, so shipping is no worry for me. We'll see if he's interested, as I'm not looking for a cheap butchered prep job! Thanks @caldigger

• 4 weeks later...

Big thanks to @Malcolmt for the awesome prep job he did on this little bug! It appears to probably be a molt, but is complete and an amazing little bug from Belgium to add to the collection. The pink spot is the only restoration on the cheek of the bug, near the split on the rock. I took the color off to show better which I will recolor later on. He definitely is an artist.

20191224_004234.jpg

20191224_004207.jpg

20191224_004141.jpg

20191224_005528.jpg

• I found this Informative 3