Coprolite? Fossilized nut?

JEBWV

Hello all.  I’ve been carrying this specimen for so long now (probably 25 years or more) I don’t remember where I picked it up.  Possibly in Monongalia County, West Virginia or Washington County, Ohio. It is reddish brown in color and weighs 53 grams.  It seems to be two things mashed together with distinct outer “crusts” and an inner “marrow “. Any help would be much appreciated.

6111A1A4-9DDF-4D4E-B56A-426D3172B91A.jpeg

9AB495A4-1FA5-4A87-9B52-C6F80B908D57.jpeg

5F514657-07C0-4B60-A7BD-FAA3B897DCB3.jpeg

9D0A5D73-B053-48F7-8CEC-3ED560445B49.jpeg

Hello, and a warm welcome to TFF.  We have a number of folks here from the fine state of Georgia (right, @White Feather).  We also have some experts on coprolites.  I happen to be neither, however.  But there are others who are experts on the subject on this forum.

I also do collect minerals and I believe that I am seeing a type of iron concretion, a nice specimen of one.  But that perspective is based on what I'm familiar with and what I'm not.  Let's wait and see what opinions others have to offer.

• I found this Informative 2

Looks like an iron concretion 

• I found this Informative 1

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Wow, that was fast!  After Googling “iron concretion” I see a lot of pictures of very similar specimens. Looks like I’m off to do a little research on iron concretions.  Thanks, all.