Some Dinosaur fossils I might be acquiring

dinosaur man

Hi I am wondering if you can get a positive ID out of these fossils I might be acquiring thanks!!  

The first is a ceratopsian vertebrae from the horseshoe canyon formation of Alberta Canada 

the second is a Cetiosaurus bone piece cut of a sauropod leg bone from Oxford England 

and last is some teeth of Gojirasasaurus from the bull canyon formation of New Mexico USA.

973F93B5-5E07-4CF9-BD63-173F8FCC767C.jpeg

58AFB38F-65A1-4D9C-B511-7414391C6AC1.jpeg

26488182-7402-413A-ABE8-6B86C84BBDF3.jpeg

I don’t think you can get a more specific ID for the ceratopsian vertebra (several genera from HCF); I’d be hesitant to assign a genus to the sauropod bone in the second picture, unless the seller can provide some confirmation it came from a Cetiosaurus (which I think is extremely unlikely). @Troodon should be able to help you with the teeth.

• I found this Informative 4

6 minutes ago, Arion said:

I don’t think you can get a more specific ID for the ceratopsian vertebra (several genera from HCF); I’d be hesitant to assign a genus to the sauropod bone in the second picture, unless the seller can provide some confirmation it came from a Cetiosaurus (which I think is extremely unlikely). @Troodon should be able to help you with the teeth.

Thanks!

Ok let me help. Best identification you can place on these are.

Ceratopsian dorsal vertebrae (size might help narrow down possibilities)

Sauropod indet

as for the teeth I believe even Troodon is unable to identify BCF teeth because of the lack of information published, the general thinking is that there is a lot being passed off as dinosaurian when in fact they are reptile.

• I found this Informative 2

On the Ceratopsian vertebra can you post non obtuse pictures of the front and side, those angle shots are worthless to try to verify something.  Not going to get any closer than family level.  

The tooth is not a Gojirasasaurus and most likely not even dinosaurian unfortunately that morphology has not been described to the best of my knowledge.

For the "cetiosaur", I doubt that it's even dinosaur. Marine reptiles are common there, much more so than dinosaurs.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks everyone and I will get more photos of the ceratopsian vertebrae 

No that’s all the seller has when I get them I’ll show you other photos 

ask the Cetiosaurus seller how they ID the fossil and they said it’s 100% authentic and that’s it now I found something else and am wondering is this a segnosaur egg from China 

E285466E-2D49-488D-B875-05E7DA82ACB4.jpeg

Common method to fake these “eggs”: A limestone with quartz? veins is ground in egg form and then placed in an acid bath.

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

I cannot comment on the bones, but the egg is cr*p.  

And as long as you are looking for education form us, 'verterbae' with an e at the end is the plural of 'vertebra' with no e.  You're welcome.... Grammar Police.

8 hours ago, jpc said:

And as long as you are looking for education form us, 'verterbae' with an e at the end is the plural of 'vertebra' with no e.  You're welcome.... Grammar Police.

Nee na! Nee na! 

"...form us....." ?

Grammar Police.:P 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

9 hours ago, jpc said:

Also spelled "vertebrae" incorrectly!  :DOH:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

18 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Also spelled "vertebrae" incorrectly!  :DOH:

Crikey! 

I never noticed: 

They'll throw me out of the Grammar Police for that sort of oversight. :(

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

The phalanx does not appear to be from a Stegosaurus,  has more of the appearance of being from a hadrosaur.  Preservation also does not look like it's from the Morrison Fm.

Stego Feet

5de67d25516b1_SophiefootbonesNHSLondon.jpg.5ce4edae0fa6bfb6ac7b08c6ff03f57e.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Ok thanks for ID everything the reason I ask about these is because I’m trying to get some of the more rare dinosaur fossils and Trying to find some of them online for Christmas.

4 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Crikey! 

I never noticed: 

They'll throw me out of the Grammar Police for that sort of oversight. :(

I guess my typing skills (and proofreading skills) are just not up to snuff to be Grammar Police of the first degree.  (I always always always type 'form' when I mean 'from').  

I agree, that last toe bone looks like hadrosaur. It looks more like something that might possibly be from Judith River formation.

Nice piece tho.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite