jcbshark

2019 Florida season wrap up

grandpa

What a wonderful year of FL fossil hunting.  Thanks so much for sharing those magnificent specimens.  :fistbump:

Shellseeker

I have been on many of his trips. Even I am stunned on some of the finds he makes. I especially recall the Mammoth Tusk, the whale , and the associated dolphin teeth and even took some of the photos. JCB is a truly unselfish individual and works real hard to come up with these outstanding results.

I enjoy every minute we hunt together, it is always exiting and fun. Fantastic year !!! May your future hunts mirror the past.  Jack

PaleoNoel

Those are some phenomenal fossils! Congrats on a great year!

I really love the bear jaw, that's an unbelievable find. Do you know what species?

Ludwigia
7 hours ago, jcbshark said:

2019 has been good to me. 

You can say that again! Great finds! I'm particularly impressed with the articulated dolphin teeth and the ray dental plate and I bet you're very pleased with your first bird claw.

Vieira

Fantastic finds. Thanks for sharing :fistbump:

Tidgy's Dad

What an amazing haul. 

Some truly droolworthy specimens. :drool:

sixgill pete

Awesome Jeff. That monster hemi is very nice. About the same size as the one I found, we should start a 2 inch hemi club post 

FossilsAnonymous

I love the associated Dolphin Teeth! Beautiful megs and what a huge hemi!

Shellseeker
11 hours ago, jcbshark said:

12 associated dolphin teeth

79320788_2647431305303382_2229364386294661120_o.jpg

11 hours ago, jcbshark said:

78268671_2647430945303418_3345611796521156608_o.thumb.jpg.ae18abb95847e698a059530799eacca8.jpggreat sperm whale tooth

I am wondering what @Boesse might have to say these marine mammal teeth...  Going after some of the usual suspects @caldigger @Al Dente @siteseer @MarcoSr @Harry Pristis

The associated dolphin teeth and whale tooth seem unusual for Florida,  even Bone Valley mines..  Have similar ones showed up in North Florida, Maryland and the Carolinas?

jcbshark
13 hours ago, grandpa said:

What a wonderful year of FL fossil hunting.  Thanks so much for sharing those magnificent specimens.  :fistbump:

Thank you grandpa :)

jcbshark
10 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

I have been on many of his trips. Even I am stunned on some of the finds he makes. I especially recall the Mammoth Tusk, the whale , and the associated dolphin teeth and even took some of the photos. JCB is a truly unselfish individual and works real hard to come up with these outstanding results.

I enjoy every minute we hunt together, it is always exiting and fun. Fantastic year !!! May your future hunts mirror the past.  Jack

Thank you for the kind words Jack, it’s always a pleasure to get out with you for some hunting :meg::thumbsu:

jcbshark
10 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

Those are some phenomenal fossils! Congrats on a great year!

I really love the bear jaw, that's an unbelievable find. Do you know what species?

Thanks and sorry no, not sure which species it’s from but it was a late Pleistocene spot from what I found there :)

jcbshark
6 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

You can say that again! Great finds! I'm particularly impressed with the articulated dolphin teeth and the ray dental plate and I bet you're very pleased with your first bird claw.

Thank you Roger, that claw was on my list for a while :D

jcbshark
4 hours ago, Vieira said:

Fantastic finds. Thanks for sharing :fistbump:

3 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

What an amazing haul. 

Some truly droolworthy specimens. :drool:

Thank you Filipe and Adam:)