2019 Florida season wrap up

jcbshark

3 hours ago, sixgill pete said:

Awesome Jeff. That monster hemi is very nice. About the same size as the one I found, we should start a 2 inch hemi club post 

Thanks Don, I think a two inch hemi club would work :thumbsu:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

3 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

I love the associated Dolphin Teeth! Beautiful megs and what a huge hemi!

Thank you the hemi was a trip maker for sure :thumbsu:

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

I am wondering what @Boesse might have to say these marine mammal teeth...  Going after some of the usual suspects @caldigger @Al Dente @siteseer @MarcoSr @Harry Pristis

The associated dolphin teeth and whale tooth seem unusual for Florida,  even Bone Valley mines..  Have similar ones showed up in North Florida, Maryland and the Carolinas?

It’ll be interesting to hear Jack :)

Jeff

Wow, you found lots of great fossils this year.  Thank you for sharing.  Too many nice specimens for me to have a favorite, but I really do like the 12 associated dolphin teeth.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

Awesome finds! But, the season isn't quite over yet. Hopefully you find something big to close out the year. You seem to find more megs in one season than I find in 5 years. I wish I had an eye for megs like that.

Now you have me wanting to measure a couple of the big hemis I have found. I have two that must be close to 2-inches. I didn't realize they were pretty rare at that size.

13 hours ago, MarcoSr said:

Jeff

Wow, you found lots of great fossils this year.  Thank you for sharing.  Too many nice specimens for me to have a favorite, but I really do like the 12 associated dolphin teeth.

Marco Sr.

Thanks Marco, that associated dentition is definitely in my top handful of finds for the year :)

12 hours ago, deutscheben said:

That looks like a great year. You've got big, small, and in-between all covered!

Thanks, it’s been pretty good :D

1 hour ago, Bone Daddy said:

Awesome finds! But, the season isn't quite over yet. Hopefully you find something big to close out the year. You seem to find more megs in one season than I find in 5 years. I wish I had an eye for megs like that.

Now you have me wanting to measure a couple of the big hemis I have found. I have two that must be close to 2-inches. I didn't realize they were pretty rare at that size.

Thank you Mike :D two inch hemis are like the 6 15/16 megs we all hope for lol 

4 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Great post and finds Jeff- looks like you hunt at some great spots.

Thanks Ralph. I'm fortunate to get my shot at some good spots for sure:D Sad to see once they're sodded over and new houses taking over tho

27 minutes ago, jcbshark said:

Thanks Ralph. I'm fortunate to get my shot at some good spots for sure:D Sad to see once they're sodded over and new houses taking over tho

Same thing happened at some of my Mazon Creek concretion sites.

Congratulations Jeff. Awesome finds there you must have had a blast collecting. Thanks for sharing them, especially the in situ pics. 

And I thought Florida fossil hunters had a bad year! Jeff, those are some spectacular finds. As a friend, I must criticize one thing though. Your title, 2019 Florida season wrap up, speaks of the issue. After having experienced the wonders of Florida through you, I relive those special moments every time you post your finds. So next year I expect a WEEKLY posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

23 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

Congratulations Jeff. Awesome finds there you must have had a blast collecting. Thanks for sharing them, especially the in situ pics. 

12 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

And I thought Florida fossil hunters had a bad year! Jeff, those are some spectacular finds. As a friend, I must criticize one thing though. Your title, 2019 Florida season wrap up, speaks of the issue. After having experienced the wonders of Florida through you, I relive those special moments every time you post your finds. So next year I expect a WEEKLY posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Thank you both :D but I don’t think I find enough good stuff for weekly reports Mike lol :P

Absolutely outstanding finds! As a sharktooth lover, I am completely jealous! Congratulations on the fabulous finds. You definately had a good year!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Jeff!! You killed it this year! Congrats! Can’t wait to get back over there and hunt with you again. 

22 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Absolutely outstanding finds! As a sharktooth lover, I am completely jealous! Congratulations on the fabulous finds. You definately had a good year!

Thanks Dave, I’m a shark tooth lover myself :D

21 hours ago, garyc said:

Jeff!! You killed it this year! Congrats! Can’t wait to get back over there and hunt with you again. 

Thanks Gary, looking forward to it as well :thumbsu:

11 hours ago, Maxsg said:

Stunning finds. Your'e making me jealous. I can't wait to get out on the peace next week. 

Thank you Max, good luck out there :fistbump:

12 hours ago, jcbshark said:

Thanks Dave, I’m a shark tooth lover myself :D

I would of never guessed that, Jeff.:P

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, sorry for the 'long time no see' - going to try to be better about this in 2020. The rather nice associated tooth set appears to be from something like an iniid like Goniodelphis or Isthminia. Here's Isthminia panamensis: image.png.f279ada26b02133f94f48b270a542979.png

On 1/12/2020 at 11:02 AM, Boesse said:

Hey all, sorry for the 'long time no see' - going to try to be better about this in 2020. The rather nice associated tooth set appears to be from something like an iniid like Goniodelphis or Isthminia. Here's Isthminia panamensis: image.png.f279ada26b02133f94f48b270a542979.png

Thank you Bobby :)

On 1/12/2020 at 11:02 AM, Boesse said:

Hey all, sorry for the 'long time no see' - going to try to be better about this in 2020. The rather nice associated tooth set appears to be from something like an iniid like Goniodelphis or Isthminia. Here's Isthminia panamensis:

I am incredibly grateful that you find the time to share your knowledge and identify possibilities for marine fossils on TFF. It enables me to continue searching the net and get great articles like this one .

http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/science-isthminia-panamensis-river-dolphin-panama-03195.html

I get photos and information, set an approximate age of the sediments, approximate size of the mammal and consider what ancient Florida looked like. I was near Jeff as he discovered these teeth. It was a huge thrill to be finding associated teeth. It is also pretty good to know a likely candidate.  Thanks Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"