Joseph Kapler

Are these Pachycephalosaurus teeth or Thescelosaurus teeth? From what I have read, they seem to be Thescelosaurus teeth, although they were labeled Pachycephalosaurus by the colector. I do not see the promient center ridge (on either side) as shown  in many photo of Pachycephalosaurus teeth

Packy or Thesc1.jpg

Packy or Thescxx.jpg

I don't see the prominent center ridge either so I would label it as Thescelosaurus.  Even if it were from pachysephalosaurid, it appears too worn to be able to positively ID it because we cannot see the surface of the crown and cannot see the pinch then.  I am assuming this tooth is from Hell Creek Formation correct?  If so, I would label it as Thescelosaurus neglectus.

• I found this Informative 1

I should have mentioned that the old tag indicates Judith River Formation of Northwestern Montana. Attached are photos of the other sides of the teeth.

108154-4.jpg

108156-16.jpg

Okay I see that changes everything then.  Definitely not Thescelosaurus, different age.  Maybe an Ankylosauridae tooth like Zuul?

@Troodon would love for you to double check.

What size are these teeth?  Width/Height

Preservation is not great but cool teeth anyway 

Leaning toward both being Nodosauridae

Northwestern montana is not JRF but Two Medicine Formation, do you have a county where these were found?

If JRF:  cf Edmontonia

If TMF:  Edmontonia rugosidens

The larger tooth (more worn) is approximately 0.45 X 0.16 inches and the other is 0.40 X 0.14 inches.  A photograph showing the end-section views is attached.  I am trying to track down the county in which they were collected.

5de91c6336fb8_EndSections_IMG_1552.thumb.jpg.62698d2dff35e44d3ca7a1dd32349260.jpg