Large Spinosaurus tooth

Crazyhen

Could you please take a look of this big Spinosaurus tooth from Morocco and tell me if it is genuine?  It measures 16x3x2.6cm and weighes 120g.

Thanks.

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4218.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

It looks to be a composite of several partial Spinosaurus teeth glued together and covered by matrix to hide cracks and repair.

• I found this Informative 2

Yes looks like a composite. Also it has a weird shape, like crooked? I have my doubts a teeth would grow like this. Just looks all together weird.

I would stay away from this tooth.

16 cm would be around 6 3 inches. That's mega big for a Spino tooth. This adds to my doubt.

This is probably the absolute worst scabbed together garbage tooth I have seen to date come from that region. Unless it’s free, definitely stay clear of this one!

Just seen this yes its a real composite, in terms of fakes from morocco they are rarely completely fake, they will always be using some parts of real fossils. So a better question might be to ask how much is fabricated or is it a composite, the answer in this case is yes you can get a lot better out there avoid.

• I found this Informative 1

As others said, a bad composite

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!