Hadrosaur carcasses must have been great hiding places for fishes during the Cretaceous. A beautifully preserved primitive sturgeon, in the belly cavity of a Brachylophosaurus skeleton.  Thanks Jack Horner

ELJiBFVUYAA2no-.thumb.jpeg.a1722cdd956256ee5e3523bbcdcb4b2e.jpeg

Here’s the holotype skull of Gorgosaurus libratus.  This specimen was collected by Charles Sternberg from Dino Prov Park, Alberta & described by Lawrence Lambe, Canada’s first vertebrate palaeontolgist.  Thanks Dave Evans

EJ_CUm0WkAAnx0X.thumb.jpeg.03b52b33fc18a052e32e0c7367bd88ea.jpeg

Thigh bone and shin bone of a subadult Triceratops. The thigh is much longer than the shin making for a relatively short stride, suggesting Triceratops was very slow. T. rex was definitely faster than a trike & probably didn’t need to run to catch one.  Compliments of Dave Evans.

ELIKcjRXYAAfMsi.thumb.jpeg.f13ffa536a090cdce984f5a5faadc3c7.jpegELIKcjLXUAIY7kS.thumb.jpeg.98b480d593a3c4fa74a3cc3bb33a915c.jpeg

Wonderful skull of the very early dinosaur Eoraptor from the PVSJ collection in San Juan. It’s from the early Late Triassic Ischigualasto Formation.  NHM Dinolab

EA9d1pKWkAE9ugt.thumb.jpeg.8fa684248dc351db79dc483bbb79f4f2.jpegEA9d1pKXoAAmFAF.thumb.jpeg.760fbbfdde685a60bfbed023c369914b.jpeg

The theropod Coelophysis baur the State Fossil of New Mexico. This mass death assemblage depicts multiple individuals who died at the same time.  Thanks Guy Leahy. 

EJarzV3U8AASZFy.thumb.jpg.4e9139ac876a85397ae814afa87c7794.jpg

Here’s a nice big T. rex tooth from Saskatchewan.  Not the prettiest but from a cool location.  D. Evans

ELCdJXTWsAUM3zM.thumb.jpeg.fb0bc888cf9c0ea4c63747e08cb86e4c.jpeg

Acrocanthosaurus mount completed by the Black Hills Institute.  Heading to the Netherlands 

EJYqImKXYAAFo2e.jpeg.f4f3e937ae2a5011cf691a84ef4376b9.jpeg

Something you dont see often jaws of Iguanacolossus fortis.  Its a genus of iguanodontian ornithopod dinosaur that lived in North America during the Early Cretaceous period from Utah .  Jim Kirkland

EKAiEKAVAAAKFKQ.thumb.jpeg.54f077856782fb35153223c6450bb884.jpeg

Dinossur material from Austria wow.... you are  looking at the nodosaur Struthiosaurus austriacus, from the Campanian of eastern Austria. Represented by multiple individuals of different growth stages, here is the braincase and two spikes.  Tom Raven

EIw5zo9XUAE5Z-T.thumb.jpeg.5d9d65abaf19425842f63b41e234422c.jpegEIw6OXJXYAAEWtI.thumb.jpeg.e8df955249d13b4092fb387bc67ed35e.jpeg

• I found this Informative 21

Beautiful fossils :)

Always a joy seeing some super rare and most interessting fossils from you!

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Acrocanthosaurus mount completed by the Black Hills Institute.  Heading to the Netherlands 

Do you have any info when and where this mount will be displayed in the Netherlands? Will it be permanently there? Thx! :) 

Superb and interesting specimen's. 

It's good to have Dinosaur Friday back. 

On Saturday's. 

Thanks, Frank. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Fantastic as always however I want to bring up the possibility that psammorhynchus longipinnis was given what we now know about hadrosaurus supplementing their diet with shellfish, if this is not in fact its last meal. Again just bringing this possibility to the table for discussion. 

44 minutes ago, Abstraktum said:

Do you have any info when and where this mount will be displayed in the Netherlands? Will it be permanently there? Thx!

No idea, Pete Larsen just indicated Netherlands but these mounts are typically permanent and since they have limited space its probably already in transit 

10 minutes ago, Haravex said:

Fantastic as always however I want to bring up the possibility that psammorhynchus longipinnis was given what we now know about hadrosaurus supplementing their diet with shellfish, if this is not in fact its last meal. Again just bringing this possibility to the table for discussion. 

I think the sturgeon was not part of the diet or last meal just picked the wrong resting place to hangout...bad timing.

44 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Superb and interesting specimen's. 

It's good to have Dinosaur Friday back. 

On Saturday's. 

Thanks, Frank. :)

My pleasure 

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

The theropod Coelophysis baur the State Fossil of New Mexico. This mass death assemblage depicts multiple individuals who died at the same time.  Thanks Guy Leahy. 

Thanks Frank very enjoyable, I think Coelophysis baur is just sublime . 

cheers Bobby 

I've been away lately, but this is a nice thing to come back to :)

Thanks for bringing back Dinosaur Friday Saturday, @Troodon

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

13 hours ago, Haravex said:

I am intrigued.  I have never  heard this about shellfish.  do you have a source for this info?

Great post Troodon! Thank you! :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing