Help ID 2 Peace River Finds

PODIGGER

Visited the Peace River Wednesday and found the water depth and flow down enough to allow for an easy upriver paddle and good digging.  If it wasn't for my new wetsuit I wouldn't have lasted long with the air temps in the upper 50's to low 60's!  Found a nice 1.25" Meg and same size Hemi,  several Mammoth teeth frags, couple of horse teeth and misc shark.  The two specimens pictured here are ones I need help with on  an ID.  The first is what I think is a partial Peccary canine from several pictures observed on this site and others. The second appears to me to be a claw or claw core.  I wasn't able to find a good comparison photo for that one.  Any help with an ID is appreciated.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

thumbnail-4.jpeg

thumbnail-5.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail-6.jpeg

thumbnail-7.jpeg

thumbnail-13.jpeg

thumbnail-9.jpeg

thumbnail-10.jpeg

thumbnail-12.jpeg

Your first item may be an incisor--I can't offer much help there. The second item appears to be a steinkern (internal mold) of a gastropod mollusk.

Glad you are making it out early in the season--let's hope for a long one.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks ClearLake.  I see it now as a steinkern. On the possible incisor I am still not certain it is Equus or something else.  Looking at numerous Equus incisors the curve and surface seem to be different.  I guess these differences could be due to breakage.