Sign in to follow this  
Mioplosus_Lover24

More Information On Enchodus sp. in the Kem Kem?

Mioplosus_Lover24

Are there any papers/articles on Enchodus being in the Kem Kem formation? Also does anyone have any specimens they'd like to show off here because I read here that some people have specimens of it, and it just hasn't been described.

gigantoraptor

Only time I heard about a Kem Kem Enchodus sp. was in the stomach of Goulmimichthys arambourgi from the Akrabou formation (Cenomanian-Turonian). A few other isolated specimens of Enchodus sp. are also known. Never heard of anything from the Ifezouane or Aoufous formation.

image.png.f1dbb387b9ae8b927edcfdea854c7863.pngimage.png.32a22e48f7d4bc04fdcfc6fb92f17f9f.png

Pictures from:

Cavin, Lionel. “Occurrence of a juvenile teleost, Enchodus sp,, in a fish gut content from the Upper Cretaceous of Goulmima, Morocco”. Special Papers in Palaeontology 60 (1 januari 1999).

Enchodus also gets metioned in another paper, but no further information is provided. 

Mioplosus_Lover24
1 hour ago, gigantoraptor said:

Only time I heard about a Kem Kem Enchodus sp. was in the stomach of Goulmimichthys arambourgi from the Akrabou formation (Cenomanian-Turonian). A few other isolated specimens of Enchodus sp. are also known. Never heard of anything from the Ifezouane or Aoufous formation.

image.png.f1dbb387b9ae8b927edcfdea854c7863.pngimage.png.32a22e48f7d4bc04fdcfc6fb92f17f9f.png

Pictures from:

Cavin, Lionel. “Occurrence of a juvenile teleost, Enchodus sp,, in a fish gut content from the Upper Cretaceous of Goulmima, Morocco”. Special Papers in Palaeontology 60 (1 januari 1999).

Enchodus also gets metioned in another paper, but no further information is provided. 

Thank you!