Tumidocarcinus crab prep (beginner)

mamlambo

Hi everyone, so I have just gotten into fossil prepping and I'm practicing on some crabs that have some damage to them. Learning so much with each hour I spend!

I made a time-lapse of the most recent one:

https://youtu.be/kH33t4NklYk?t=675 (short version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STw905QB570 (long version)

It's still quite rough at the end, I need to smooth the rock out and I haven't tried to get into the really tight spots with my current tool - waiting to get something like a micro-jack.

• I found this Informative 6

2 hours ago, RuMert said:

Interesting videos, but what about the whale?:D

The whale is sitting in my garden with the sprinkler watering it. I'm sure the neighbours think I am bonkers! "There he is, he waters rocks you know!" :D

26 minutes ago, mamlambo said:

The whale is sitting in my garden with the sprinkler watering it. I'm sure the neighbours think I am bonkers! "There he is, he waters rocks you know!" :D

But everyone knows proper hydration is an essential to health. And there's nothing worse than a sickly fossil. :D

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

1 minute ago, daves64 said:

But everyone knows proper hydration is an essential to health. And there's nothing worse than a sickly fossil. :D

Hahahahaha I don't think telling people that is going to help with my reputation as the crazy neighbour :D:D

Tell them it's a whale seed & you're trying to make it grow. :rolleyes:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I couldn't sleep lat night so my first comment here was posted at my local 3AM or so.  Then I looked up flights to NZ... I can get there for less than 1000 bucks.  I need a sponsor....

• I found this Informative 2

Very interesting mamlambo.   I can only imagine how exciting that was for you.   Been doing prep for 27 years and one of my most exciting times was from my last crab prep.  A really good hobbie!  Good luck with all your future preps.

RB

• I found this Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting video and nice crab.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg