Fossil flower?

Foxx

It would be extraordinary for something a delicate as a flower to be preserved this way. A look at some other perspectives might be helpful. 

• I found this Informative 1

The photos above are others Ive found in the same area, I will take more photos of the first one in the morning :)

Edited by Foxx

I had a look at a geological map of the area and some of the nearby formations. It appears you live near a location known for finding fossils of Middle Jurassic plant life. The 'Walloon Coal Measures' formation is very close to Toowoomba and is a Late Jurassic unit (Bathonian to Callovian) deposited when the local environment was a humid swamp.

In the below map the formation labeled 'Jw' is the Walloon Coal Measures. The locations for 'Jw' are maybe 20-50km out of Toowoomba, so likely your find is from another formation. The Marburg Formation, labeled 'Jbm' is located closer and is a similar age. Regardless, it looks like you're quite close to some interesting geology that is known to contain Jurassic plant life!

Geological map:

http://scanned-maps.geoscience.gov.au/250dpi/moreton.jpg

"In Australia the high palaeolatitude macrofloras of Bajocian-Bathonian, Middle Jurassic, are well known from the Walloon Coal Measures, representing communities of a humid swamp. Preserved in these deposits is evidence of the rich understorey that grew in the area in the Middle Jurassic. Among these understorey plants were osmundacean, dicksoniacean and dipteridacean ferns, liverworts, lycophytes, equicetaleans, Taeniopteris, a pentoxylacean, a genus that continued through to the Cretaceous and bennettitaleans, primitive plants that were cycad-like. The main canopy elements were conifers, the araucarian, Podozamites, and the podocarp, Elatocladus, seasonality is suggested by the well-defined growth rings in the preserved trunks of these conifers. There doesn't appear to have been many, is any, times of drought, as suggested by the extensive accumulations of peat.

Sources & Further reading

1. Kear, B.P. & Hamilton-Bruce, R.J., 2011, Dinosaurs in Australia, Mesozoic life from the southern continent, CSIRO Publishing."

Walloon Coal Measures:

https://austhrutime.com/walloon_coal_measures.htm

I see nothing resembling fossilized plants here, let alone a flower. Flowering plants (Angiosperms) first arrived definitely in the fossil record as of the Early Cretaceous.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thanks to everyone for your input so far, I'm having trouble uploading all the photos I would like to but have tried to add as many as I can. 

It’s just a rock sorry it’s happened to me a couple times, rocks are very tricky sometimes they make you see what you want to see not what they actually are.

This is the sort of thing that could be informative to someone who knew the area and the rock formations well even if they are not fossils.