Help: Kem Kem Theropod Tooth ID

Praefectus

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get an ID for this tooth. It is 2.3 cm long and from the Kem Kem beds of Morocco. I understand that Kem Kem theropod teeth are difficult to identify, but I was curious if it could be narrowed down to the family level. Does this tooth resemble what Deltadromeus teeth are speculated to look like? Or is it something else (Carcharodontosaurid?). 

Thanks for any help.

d1.jpg.67f543a05f9e96b734d964d83a52c772.jpg

d2.jpg.3e04764008d8638c620f2ac733705ce0.jpg

Nice tooth. Oblique photos dont help in trying to identify theropod teeth.  Can you take straight in shots of both sides, brighter light, and both edges so I can see the carina and a close up of the denticles.  A serration count please midline 5mm wide of both edges.  Thanks 

Deltadromeus teeth are undescribed so we dont like to speculate on unknowns, I let sellers do that.

• I found this Informative 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Help: Kem Kem Theropod Tooth ID
2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nice tooth. Oblique photos dont help in trying to identify theropod teeth.  Can you take straight in shots of both sides, brighter light, and both edges so I can see the carina and a close up of the denticles.  A serration count please midline 5mm wide of both edges.  Thanks 

Deltadromeus teeth are undescribed so we dont like to speculate on unknowns, I let sellers do that.

I had a feeling you would say that. The tooth is not currently mine. I'll try asking to see if I can get better pictures. Thanks.

Just now, Praefectus said:

I had a feeling you would say that. The tooth is not currently mine. I'll try asking to see if I can get better pictures. Thanks.

Ha, ha I've learned to take nothing for granted in trying to ID theropod teeth and photos are never adequate by themselves.

As Troodon already pointed out, we don't know what Deltadromeus teeth look like as none have been found that can be attributed to it with confidence.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite