Jackson g

So I stumbled upon this tooth I think when I went out fossil hunting. Found in northern texas. Can anybody ID or confirm this?

20191211_192502.jpg

20191211_192944.jpg

20191211_193352.jpg

20191211_193649.jpg

20191212_003216.jpg

• I found this Informative 11

2 hours ago, Jackson g said:

So I stumbled upon this tooth I think when I went out fossil hunting. 

Well I doubt you would find it in the produce isle grocery shopping!!! :P

Nice looking monster tooth.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Definitely mosasaur, that is a monster! That's an awesome find!

From that size and location I would guess it's Tylosaurus.

• I found this Informative 3

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Well I doubt you would find it in the produce isle grocery shopping!!! :P

Nice looking monster tooth.

Haha you aren't wrong there. I was literally screaming on the top of my lungs I was so excited!

2 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

Definitely mosasaur, that is a monster! That's an awesome find!

From that size and location I would guess it's Tylosaurus.

Dang, that was super fast for an input! I looked online and asked my dad's boss (she is the one who reccomended and pointed me to hunt this area, her friend owns some land and gave me access) for input also. Man after using the google machine for a few hours, I've come to the conclusion even public site wise, you Texans are blessed with fossil site accessibility. I will literally be visiting a new one every day! But anyways, I think you are 100% correct on Mosasaur. I shall label it as so! :D

• I found this Informative 1

I should also ask while its fresh on my mind if anyone knows. Is there anything I should do to the tooth to help preserve it better? I cleaned it off with some water and brush, but that's all I've done for the moment. 

I have hunted north texas for years dreaming of finding a tooth like that. Found a broken one a few months ago, but pales in comparison. Congrats. :envy:

• I found this Informative 1

Don't you just hate stumbling on fossils? In fact, giant gorgeous teeth getting in your way is just a terrible pain in the tookus. I'd be happy to help with that problem, though. Feel free to send that bothersome beauty to me and I'll make sure it never gets in your way again....

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, sharkdoctor said:

Don't you just hate stumbling on fossils? In fact, giant gorgeous teeth getting in your way is just a terrible pain in the tookus. I'd be happy to help with that problem, though. Feel free to send that bothersome beauty to me and I'll make sure it never gets in your way again....

:heartylaugh::D

Beautiful tooth!  You need to go back to the site and find the rest.  My friend Frank Garcia found an almost complete, probably a new species of Tylosaur,  two years ago.  The below picture shows Frank with the 5 foot skull.

5df294aedfd49_TylosaurskullFrankGarcia.thumb.jpg.817b027eb6346ebe0151c18f61da5cdf.jpg

Marco Sr.

• I found this Informative 3

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

6 hours ago, MarcoSr said:

Beautiful tooth!  You need to go back to the site and find the rest.  My friend Frank Garcia found an almost complete, probably a new species of Tylosaur,  two years ago.  The below picture shows Frank with the 5 foot skull.

5df294aedfd49_TylosaurskullFrankGarcia.thumb.jpg.817b027eb6346ebe0151c18f61da5cdf.jpg

Marco Sr.

Wow awesome, that is a true monster! I will be going back to the area tomorrow. My dad had told me people had found similar teeth in the North Sulfur River, so I ended up going there today. It was pretty cool and I found some nice pieces there too.