Jackson g

Hello all, today I went to a popular fossil park in Ladonia, TX. I found some awesome gastropods, bacculites, and some other cool shells. The find of the day ended up being another tooth. I really like how this one looks. I think it is maybe a goblin shark tooth, but i am a total noob with fossils in this area and would appreciate any input from you awesome fossil forum members. I also found a little black hoof shaped thing. I wasn't sure if this was anything worth keeping but I pocketed it to be safe. 

20191212_191855.jpg

20191212_213155.jpg

20191212_213233.jpg

the last 2 pictures ( the little black hoof :P )are a fragment of a Nautilus, an isolated chamber. you can see the central position of the siphuncle.

I found this picture in an older thread on the forum to compare:

IMG_20190712_233859.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

18 hours ago, Manticocerasman said:

the last 2 pictures ( the little black hoof :P )are a fragment of a Nautilus, an isolated chamber. you can see the central position of the siphuncle.

I found this picture in an older thread on the forum to compare:

IMG_20190712_233859.jpg

Wow, I never would have thought that's what it is! I heard there were nautiloids there, but I didn't find a complete one. I'll take a piece of one any day over nothing. Thanks so much, I'm sure glad I kept it!

5 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

You're right. The tooth is from Scapanorhynchus texanus, a goblin shark.

Thanks for the ID! I have a label for almost everything I've found here in Texas so far now. :)