North Texas Find

linkenlog

Howdy! I live in North Texas (Denton County) by a really interesting area geologically and I found this thing while cleaning trash out of the creekbed today. I'm not sure if it's even a fossil but it's been one of the coolest things I've found (usually I only find Gryphaea and old pottery). Birding is usually my thing so I figured I might as well ask some people who know better! Let me know if y'all need better photos. Thanks in advance for the help! :)

image0-12.jpg

image0-10.jpg

image0-11.jpg

image0-9.jpg

image0-8.jpg

image0-13.jpg

Or weathered concrete with remnants of reinforcing material.

Hopefully not the remains of the infamous cement shoes that some unfortunate sole wore on his last "dip". 

I agree.  That doesn't look natural at all. Creek formation on your picture appears to be Pleistocene or younger.  On these layers, I usually find Pleistocene deer or bison bones, but no cretaceous fossils at all.  However, some creeks do have rocks washed down from upstream exposed to limestone layers.    Normally creeks like that has to be deep and wide to expose anything at all. 

Cool, thanks for the prompt response, y'all! It figures it's just a bunch of concrete junk, haha! A learning experience for next time. I'll keep an eye out for those possible deer or bison bones, I've been cleaning this creek for a long time and I haven't found any neat fossils, just a modern deer skull...