Post Oak Creek Texas Heartbreaker

JarrodB

Ouch! That hurt me, and I wasn't even there! :( 

That would have been a monster.

That's the way it goes sometimes. 
Glad I'm not the only one who finds some heartbreaking fossils, though. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 6:26 AM, RJB said:

I know its not the same, but what about a little bit of 2 part putty?  

RB

Hi RB,

There's a tendency among shark tooth collectors not to restore teeth.  Some people do restore part of a megalodon to make it complete, but for the most part, we leave them alone.  I think that's definitely a keeper as-is.  It can be used as a reference specimen for size in a display or just with other Cretodus teeth.  I think it's a Cretodus anyway.

Jess

Heh. I’ve got 4 hours in on POC and have yet to find a shark’s tooth! Lots of clams, of course, and tons of neat human stuff (glass & pottery shards — I can’t resist, must be part magpie). Nice almost find. :-D

I can totally relate to this. We find many roo jaws and a couple what we believe are Palorchestes but they are missing every single tooth.. the nescessasy bits to ID. Yuck.

cool tooth, though :)

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."