Jeffrey P

Just now, Jeffrey P said:

Thanks you for your comments and thanks to you I have Jurassic ammonites, belemnites, sponges, gastropods, and brachiopods in this collection.

And thanks to you I have a few nice North American ones in mine :)

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 hour ago, Jeffrey P said:

I have a gallery devoted to my finds from Just above the Iridium Layer. I welcome you and others to check it out. I was fortunate to return to the site this summer and add specimens to my collection.

Nice gallery too Jeff! It’s fascinating to know that this fauna are some of the ones to survive the asteroid strike of the KT Extinction event.

I really need to check out the member’s galleries section more... There is some great stuff there that is too often over looked by me...

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

16 hours ago, PFOOLEY said:

You've talked about it, but WOW, that is one heckuva collection!...and nicely curated. Good work, Jeffrey,  that is a very productive eight years.

Thanks Mike. The New Mexico Upper Cretaceous ammonites are there on account of you. Hope that more will eventually join them.

• I found this Informative 1

20 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

The first drawer has a variety of specimens; sponges, conularids, hyoliths, tentaculites, corals, and bryozoans

IMG_4846.JPG

What is that elongated reddish one to the right, here? Sponge of some sort?

btw I've left a comment on your Iridium layer fossils in the gallery.

That is Middle Devonian from Deer Lake, Pennsylvania. I posted it in the ID section, but no definite ID was received. I'm guessing some type of sponge or plant. A very cool looking fossils whatever it is. 

24 minutes ago, Jeffrey P said:

That is Middle Devonian from Deer Lake, Pennsylvania. I posted it in the ID section, but no definite ID was received. I'm guessing some type of sponge or plant. A very cool looking fossils whatever it is. 

OK. I never saw it and I'm having trouble finding it right now.

I'm not a bit surprised but immensely impressed, Jeff. That cabinet was a great acquisition. Thanks for sharing your extensive, beautifully organized collection. 

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

On 12/13/2019 at 9:29 PM, snolly50 said:

So well cataloged, organized and presented; it makes me a little ashamed of my amassed heap of disorder. 

Thank you. Maybe this will help motivate you.

On 12/13/2019 at 9:43 PM, FossilDAWG said:

Very very nice! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I too am envious of the organization.

Don

Thanks Don. We should try to get together the next time you come up to New York. 

On 12/13/2019 at 11:05 PM, Jackson g said:

Words cannot express how nice and neat your collection is!!!! This emoji should do. :default_faint:

Thank you. Glad you appreciate it. 

On 12/14/2019 at 5:41 AM, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Amazing collection, and so nicely organised!!

Really great job Jeffrey :D

Thank you for your comments. 

21 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

Nice gallery too Jeff! It’s fascinating to know that this fauna are some of the ones to survive the asteroid strike of the KT Extinction event.

I really need to check out the member’s galleries section more... There is some great stuff there that is too often over looked by me...

Thanks Wayne. The KT Boundary site in New Jersey I've visited is unique as far as I know- the only site where ammonites survived the end of the Cretaceous. Hopefully we can get together next time I'm in Kentucky. Would I'm sure be fun and I'm always looking to expand my collection of Ordvician, Silurian, and Mississippian fossils. 

21 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

4 minutes ago, frankh8147 said:

Awesome Jeff!! I've always wanted to see you entire amazing collection together - thanks for posting it!!

Thanks Frank. My collection of New Jersey Upper Cretaceous fossils wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for you. 

On 12/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, Tidgy's Dad said:

That is an astonishing collection especially when it's only been eight years. 

Thanks for posting these wonders. 

Look at all those brachiopods! :wub:

And thanks to Tim for the suggestion you post the pics. 

Thanks Adam. I knew you would appreciate those brachiopods. I'm lucky to have access to many sites where they are prevalent. 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:49 AM, Fossildude19 said:

Jeff, 

Glad you decided to post this for the Forum members to see!  :SlapHands:

Like the others, I am drooling over this. 

It is quite an impressive and expansive collection!

Any chance of a shot of the cabinet itself? 

Thanks for posting it. :) 

Thanks Tim. It means a lot to me that you were present when many of those specimens were collected. 

Hello J like your collecting it same my collecting box ,very interesting,best regards

J collecting only fossils since 30 years old,ammonites,heteromorphe ammonite,crabs,fish trilobit, sea urshins, mammals, etc...J am married . Sorry for my enghish

Love that Mioplosus!

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

Hey Jeff awesome material. I would love to see some closeups of the New Jersey stuff.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

16 minutes ago, The Jersey Devil said:

Hey Jeff awesome material. I would love to see some closeups of the New Jersey stuff.

Some, though by no means all of it, is pictured in my Cretaceous gallery. Glad you like what you see.

Wow Jeff. This is super impressive!! Puts my display to shame. I love the diversity that you have collected. I always have a soft spot for a really nice brach or gastropod even when I’m out looking for trilobites ha. If I can get my display even partially labeled like you that would be a dream. True dedication!! :default_faint: