Jeffrey P

6 hours ago, Al Tahan said:

Wow Jeff. This is super impressive!! Puts my display to shame. I love the diversity that you have collected. I always have a soft spot for a really nice brach or gastropod even when I’m out looking for trilobites ha. If I can get my display even partially labeled like you that would be a dream. True dedication!! :default_faint:

Thanks Al. Hopefully some day your collection will be labeled to your satisfaction. Best of luck. 

• I found this Informative 1

There was a request to see what the entire cabinet looked like so here it is. The shelves next to it house containers with specimens from different formations.

IMG_5018.JPG

• I found this Informative 8

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:23 PM, Pagurus said:

I'm not a bit surprised but immensely impressed, Jeff. That cabinet was a great acquisition. Thanks for sharing your extensive, beautifully organized collection. 

Thank you Mike. You were there when I found some of the DSR specimens. The fossils ignite memories of how, when , and where they were collected and who I collected them with.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:27 PM, flipper559 said:

Eye Candy !!! Terrific job Sir !! Soooo Nice !!!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, RuMert said:

Surely looks like a decent museum:D

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, herve said:

Hello J like your collecting it same my collecting box ,very interesting,best regards

Thanks for your comments.

No words other than I am jealous of the organization! So many wonderful specimens, and you've done a great job of collecting across a wide spectrum of ages too!

• I found this Informative 1

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

On 12/21/2019 at 8:23 AM, Shamalama said:

No words other than I am jealous of the organization! So many wonderful specimens, and you've done a great job of collecting across a wide spectrum of ages too!

On 12/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, Xiphactinus said:

Super nice collection!

Thanks for your comments. I'm super fortunate to live within two hours' drive of excellent Paleozoic and Mesozoic collecting and the company of other Forum members. 

Sorry I am late to the party but that’s a fantastic collection. My question is when are you opening your museum to the general public.  :default_rofl:

thanks for sharing