Humanite or bone maybe?

The Neanderoll

Ello' all!

I found this funky thing and originally thought it might be a peice of pot or some humanite of some kind.

But on getting it home and drying it out, it feels too dense for that. It's been pretty heavily sea polished, but the ridge on it looks unusual to me. And the entire peice has a slight curvature which seems odd for a natural formation.

It comes from ice age clay, so the context is dubious. What are your expert thoughts? Thank you!

20191215_152945.jpg

Cast concrete. The aggregate being finely sifted. 

The bone texture seems to be suggested when zoomed in because there seems to not be the linear angularity in any grains. There may be too much distortion in the photograph in that mode to be useful as evidence of either  concrete, rock, or bone though 

Thank you all for your insight! 

Sorry - Humanite is a bad pun meaning something of man-made origin.

Yes, it does sparkle in the light slightly. So that could add to the concretion theory? Although i'm not a great geologist :/

Thank you all again!

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

The sparkling could mean that there's mica in it or quartz grains.

Either would create small cleavage planes and result in the porous look with weathering,  probably in concrete or rock though. The pores seem to lack the shape of quartz or mica when zoomed in, but instead have a structure  that looks much like very dense bone to me.

I'm in the concretion camp.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg