Unidentified fossilized wood

GallinaPinta

Hello, I came across what seems to be a fossilized branch of an unidentified plant or tree, it looks similar in texture to my other fossilized wood so i recognized it and picked it up at a riverbank in Puerto Rico. What type of wood is it? Any answer would be highly appreciated :) 

IMG-20191216-WA0029.jpeg

IMG-20191216-WA0035.jpeg

I have tried to fiddle a little bit with your pics, but I think, I have got them worse ;):

Holz_PuertoRico.thumb.jpg.3da2b3d7d9e9ab10a183c631f39b26b9.jpg

It would be very difficult to say something definitive based on these pics alone. At least a good end view would be required for an educated guess (which I am unable to give, though).

However, what formations are exposed along this river? Maybe something is already published about it!?

Franz Bernhard

• I found this Informative 3

Information on the san sebastian limestone is so scarce, just a simple wiki page that only states the formation holds fossils from the paleogene period, and an article on jstorg called middle territary echinoids of puerto rico. I'll post some more photos when i get home

Search for any US area rock units with Geolex. Search for name of rock unit and Geolex: San Sebastián Geolex

https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/Geolex/UnitRefs/SanSebastianRefs_3698.html

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

So i found this other piece, which is way more identifiable I guess, with cavities and burrows of some sort of creature. 

IMG-20191219-WA0024.jpeg

IMG-20191219-WA0022.jpeg

IMG-20191219-WA0003.jpeg