Another London Trip: Recommendations?

Masp

Will be making another trip to London at the end of the month and wanted to know if anyone has recommendations for dinosaur related museums, things to see, etc. Fossil hunting may be out of the question due to the cold weather, unless there is a convenient option outside of the city nearby, or train ride away then I’m all ears (can be any material). May have to wait for a warmer holiday to go out for dinosaur hunting, Isle of Wight, etc.,  which I believe is 2-3 hours from London if I’m not mistaken. Anyhow any bit of advice would help. 

I have been to the Natural History Museum in London, but will be stopping by there again because of how much I enjoyed it the first time. One new stop will the be the museum in Oxford to see the beautiful Megalosaurus bucklandii, so definitely looking forward to that. :dinothumb:

I believe that Abbey Wood park has some Eocene shark & ray teeth, this is a site within the city limits of London. I've seen people post some pretty cool stuff from there including the occasional Eocene mammal tooth or bone.

Hope this is helpful.

• I found this Informative 2

36 minutes ago, jpc said:

They say the coastal fossil collecting sites are best in winter...

I would agree, believe it or not the issue isn’t the weather for me, it’s my girlfriend who will give me problems about her joining in the cold collecting fossils haha:heartylaugh: Of course I will still push for it ;). Who knows, even if I get one nice day will absolutely be worth it. 

2 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

I believe that Abbey Wood park has some Eocene shark & ray teeth, this is a site within the city limits of London. I've seen people post some pretty cool stuff from there including the occasional Eocene mammal tooth or bone.

Hope this is helpful.

This is absolutely helpful, thanks for that suggestion! I’ll look into it. 

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

There is the NHM in Tring, which is a short train ride from central London.

Never been there myself and have no idea what their Paleontology department is like, but it is probably worth looking in to:

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/tring.html

I didn’t know about and will look into it, appreciate you helping you out.