types of encrusted bryozoa fossils

Ramona

I am studying a tiny area of a fossiliferous limestone rock from our yard and trying to determine the different items in it.  The fan shaped item in the lower left corner didn't really look like the fenestella bryozoa that I am used to seeing, so I did a bit of research.  I found a page with a similar image and was wondering if I am correct (or even close) in identifying that particular item as a cheilostome?  Here is the page I was looking at:  https://www.researchgate.net/figure/A-sample-of-bryozoa-sand-sample-number-71-from-a-depth-of-130-m-on-the-Lacepede-Shelf_fig1_238417060.  Would the fenestella bryozoa be seen next to the cheilostomes?  And what about the little flower like item that is above and to the right of the fan shaped item?  It's kind of hard to see - I can circle it if needed.  

This area covered by this image is approximately 2cm across.  That is what caught my eye  - how tiny the fan shaped item was.  

This rock is from Huntsville, AL.

Thanks guys and gals!!

IMG_7930-1edit.jpg

I think the smaller tube like bits are of the tabulate coral syringopora. The larger circular shapes are likely crinoid pieces.

There do appear to be some bits of fenestrate bryozoans near center and lower right, but you are correct that the one on the lower left is not.

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

I think the smaller tube like bits are of the tabulate coral syringopora. The larger circular shapes are likely crinoid pieces.

There do appear to be some bits of fenestrate bryozoans near center and lower right, but you are correct that the one on the lower left is not.

Thanks for your input!  I thought I saw some crinoid pieces there, too.  That is interesting about the tube like bits - I had thought that maybe they were stems of the bryozoa or something like that!  I will do some research on the tabulate coral syringopora. 

• 3 months later...

A late reply. Wow that’s a real bryozoan hash. Lots of fenestrate Fenestella like bryozoans, some with their obverse surface exposed showing their autozooecial apertures. The large honeycomb like structure is a trepostome bryozoan akin to the genus Stenophragmidium.