Im still new at fossil hunting. Been looking at a few rivers small creeks here in Volusia county. I have also been searching the web. Still nothing comes up with hunting fossils and minerals in east central Florida. Volusia, Seminole, Brevard, Orange counties. You would think the st johns river areas would be a good place to search. If you guys know of any information that would be great?

Well, first things first my friend - Welcome to TFF from Austin, Tx.

We have many members from Florida on the forum so stay tuned and watch for their posts.

A group trip to the Peace River is in the formative stages as we speak so keep an eye open for posts on that adventure.

In the meantime check out these sites on TFF to help get you started;

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/forum/98-florida/

• I found this Informative 1

Not much in your area. Join the Orlando and Tampa fossil clubs and go on their field trips. Also contact Fred Mazza for a couple guided trips to the Peace River. After a couple trips you'll know everything you need to go it alone. That's how I started.

• I found this Informative 2

I too started with a couple of guided tours with Fred Mazza.  Fred is a great guide and teacher.  He will share his knowledge and identify anything you find on your trips. Good Luck and welcome to the forum!