Dinosaur park formation Daspletosaurus sp.

dinosaur man

Hi I recently found out that my new tyrannosaur species from my topic unknown Tyrannosaur happens to be a new species but not what I thought. It was already known to be a new species for a while. It turns out it's a Daspletosaurus sp., A unnamed Tyrannosaur that Currie recognized years ago to be a new species of Daspletosaurus from the Dinosaur park formation. Still not much research has been done on it. I decided to learn more on the Dinosaur park formation Daspletosaurus sp. But I can't find anything on it, no papers no information, other then a few mentions in some books and study's but that's it. I am wondering if anyone here can help me out with that? Thank you!!

There are only two named Daspletosaurus species D. torosus from the Oldman Formation and D. horneri from the Two Medicine.  All the other units where Daspletosaurus sp. is present like the Judith River Formation, Dinosaur Park Formation, Foremost Formation etc will be either a new species or named after an existing one.   There will be no papers until its described like was D. horneri in 2017.   This is typical of every dinosaur in North America that has a species described in one formation but not in others like Gorgosaurus, Troodon, Dromaeosaurus and Saurornitholestes to name a few.

• I found this Informative 2

LINKS to PDFs.

Also, check Fruitbat's PDF Library here under Documents. ;) 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I've found a few things on it, like some photos of one of the skeletons drawing.

Screenshot_20191227-141831.jpg

Also a few skeletons have been found and i am wondering if anyone had any knowledge on Dinosaur park formation Daspletosaurus thanks!!