Varadero fossils

dinosaur man

Hi in February i will be going to Cuba for a week, and am wondering is there any fossils in Varadero cuba? thanks!

You should check out the laws before trying to collect fossils in Cuba. I do believe it is illegal. I may be wrong, but check.:rolleyes:

• I found this Informative 3

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

12 hours ago, Troodon said:

All I can add...legality is an issue you should investigate 

Screenshot_20191229-173943.thumb.jpg.3950790ea9251c83a5e8eaf82f1b3c44.jpg

@Troodon sorry just wondering, so it legal to collect meg teeth from Cuba but nothing else? 

1 minute ago, dinosaur man said:

@Troodon sorry just wondering so it legal to collect meg teeth from Cuba but nothing else? 

Not sure why you would think that. The map simply highlights meg locations since they are likely the most popular fossil found in Cuba.

• I found this Informative 1

I thought that because sometimes there being sold and i thought that meant they where legal to collect. 

For you and your family's sake, please ask your parents to go through official government channels to make inquiries such as these. No advice given here is a suitable substitute for the official laws for collecting, import and export. 

• I found this Informative 10

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

9 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

@Troodon sorry just wondering, so it legal to collect meg teeth from Cuba but nothing else? 

No I did not say that,  I said it needs to be investigated because removing fossils from a large number of countries in South and Central American countries is indeed illegal.   I'm under the impression it's true for Cuba but official government agencies should do that not forum members has indicated by Kane.  Its bad to make assumptions when collecting in foreign countries, always get the facts from official sources.. 

Edit.. if you note sellers of Cuban material on auction sites typically indicate material was obtained pre-ban!

Also want to throw this out there.

The teeth that Meg.cu has been posting and probably a lot of the others from Cuba are coming from commercial rock quarries that you would undoubtedly not have access to.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

23 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Also want to throw this out there.

The teeth that Meg.cu has been posting and probably a lot of the others from Cuba are coming from commercial rock quarries that you would undoubtedly not have access to.

Like these which he posted

58ab0a4e98ee7_cuba1029.JPG.8aaa5f13f4140fa735f8912fc785b5d2.thumb.jpeg.3af870f1ce7c6aad16f5ea4b878f0a4c.jpeg58ddb1a292541_cuba1022.JPG.1702531de842ca25a8696f89a3377586.thumb.jpeg.ab578e49de96379f17f0f8ebafd95428.jpeg