Happy 2020! What's Your Fossil "Goal" This Year?!

JamieLynn

It's a New Year! Time for New Fossils Finds! i enoyed a post on the FB Fossil Forum of what are your "dream fossils".  So this is a New Years version....what are the fossils you HOPE to find this year? I know for me, it's that danged Big Echinoid Cidarid that has been eluding me. Also, a psudodiadema echinoid. I have partials of both but really want a whole one! So,  Universe, or whatever Omnipresence is Available, that's what I want to find this year! 

What are YOU on the hunt for? We want to know!

Cidarid: (I "borrowed" the image off the internet....ya'll might recognize it from a post here in the forum)

Image result for Cidarid echinoid"

Pseudodiadema:

Image result for pseudodiadema texas"

• I found this Informative 5

I want to find a Mazon Creek trilobite.

• I found this Informative 3

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

I can’t go out hunting fossils but one of my goals this year is to prep a full Oreodont skeleton

• I found this Informative 1

Good question. Hard to answer. Of course I'd like to find something that I haven't found before, esp. a new species, but what could that be? Or at least more and better examples of the rare things that I haven't found much of thus far. In my area you have to take what the rocks offer you!

I could more easily answer what I'd like to find in the Mailbox Formation, but that's for another topic I guess.

• I found this Informative 2

Anything. 

Just to be able to get out hunting again is all i want. 

But a possibility would be Marella. :)

• I found this Informative 5

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Anything. 

Just to be able to get out hunting again is all i want. 

I hear ya', brother-man!!:fingerscrossed:  We'll join together and make that our 2020 goal.

Just now, grandpa said:

I hear ya', brother-man!!:fingerscrossed:  We'll join together and make that our 2020 goal.

Room for one more.  :D

20 minutes ago, grandpa said:

19 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Room for one more.  :D

Together in spirit if not in body.:SlapHands:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

The only goal I have is to keep doing Fossils on Wheels with my son. Best time of my life. Sure I would love to find a Cretaceous bird bone or be able to buy one of those amazing fossil sharks from Lebanon but the real goal is to just keep this going. No fossil compares to the experience of getting to do something this fun with your kid !!

• I found this Informative 7

I'd like to explore all the Upper Jurassic sites in my region and at least make sure there's nothing in most of them.

I wanna sort out my recent finds and organise a thematic collection, small but representative  - there are concretions and stuff waiting to be prepped. I have no intention of hoarding 150 fossils of the same type.

I also plan to make comprehensive posts here about our Upper Jurassic material, Volgian stage and ammonite features.

And finally I'd like to visit the marine reptile site and find a skull there:thumbsu: (not garanteed due to water level schedule, maybe I'll have to wait for another year). Besides skulls I'd be glad to find reptile teeth, crustacean material, nautilus, crinoid calyx, echinoid shells, substantial fish remains (all Upper Jurassic and next to impossible)

• I found this Informative 2

I would like to try a basic fossil preparation.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

I have two children under 2, so my top goal is to live vicariously through the amazing finds on this forum.  Looks like I will be in fossil famine for a while before the bounty once they're old enough to get into it too.

I'd love to get out and hunt Mazon creek for a day, find a horseshoe crab or shark egg case for myself, and have enough plant material, jellyfish, and bivalves to give to my students for a project.