New and not sure how to find these

FlyingRPh

I posted a first hunting trip with my daughter and have a few I have no idea. These were collected out of the Stull Shale member, Upper Pennsylvanian. Layer is full of Neochonetes if this helps (as in I could have filled a 5 gallon bucket without moving more than a couple feet). For reference (I cant find my photo scales) everything is 2-3cm long. Thanks for looking. Just trying to help my daughter label them before she takes them to school to show off.

IMG_20200101_124456944(1).thumb.jpg.df848391dfa488e42cb1e5b4f42cecd3.jpg

Crinoid Head parts?

IMG_20200101_190302394(1).thumb.jpg.1048d7956fedd5b4057a0cbdb75d888d.jpg

Crinoid sac parts?

5 hours ago, Bullsnake said:

I believe the two larger pieces in #1 are crinoid anal sacs.

This should be fun to explain at show-and-tell! What grade is she in?

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

7 hours ago, grandpa said:

#1 parts of crinoid arms

#2 crinoid stem spines

5 hours ago, Bullsnake said:

I believe the two larger pieces in #1 are crinoid anal sacs.

Thank you guys! I kinda thought they were along those lines, just wanted someone more informed than me to make it positive

23 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

5th grade. She's been having a blast over the Xmas break. We had another outing today that was more rock hounding than fossiling. Some gigantic pieces of cone in cone, some barite rosettes and she even found a ripple formation in a chunk of slate that I knocked out of a wall while I was digging. I didn't even realize it until she shouted up to me. She definitely has an eye for finding things

1 hour ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

:fear:  I had reservations about posting that, for sure...but, inquiring minds want to know!

Steve

1 minute ago, Bullsnake said:

:fear:  I had reservations about posting that, for sure...but, inquiring minds want to know!

Yea, but the wife and I are both in healthcare and we have no qualms as long as the kiddo is using proper terminology, no matter what other people may think is a delicate subject. I would rather she uses proper terms than repeating slang and getting in trouble for that. Besides, she's in Catholic School, so it would be fun to shock the nuns a little (my sense of humor is a wee tad on the dark side :wacko:)

• Enjoyed 1

I should probably add: my wife and I are both veterans. After traveling the world a few times and seeing what humans are capable of doing to other humans, we both kinda have big cases of dontgiveadamnitis. A few "indelicate" or "naughty" words coming from one of my daughter's mouths is way down on my list of things to worry about...

• Enjoyed 1