Al Tahan

What are your favorite finds from 2019?

Al Tahan

Nice find @FranzBernhard!! I feel the same way about phyllocarids....I probably missed some in years past :headscratch: 

Fossildude19
10 hours ago, Al Tahan said:

I found this in April during the Forum group hunt at a now closed location (Briggs rd).

Happy New Year, Al. :) 

When was Briggs Road closed to collecting?  :( 

That is sad news. 

Great finds, overall.

Thanks for posting them. 

Scylla
12 hours ago, Al Tahan said:

I’ll start Ordovician 

B9AEA45D-E226-4878-96BF-601509A653E7.thumb.jpeg.6859e30057e3f203c4ad8f74c664367a.jpeg

I found this gravicalymene last year at a spot I now have permission to visit. The Ordovician rock of New York can be incredibly prolific but literally everything is private. Looking forward to sharing my finds from this site in 2020. Isotelus and Triarthrus are at this location too. It’s one of my “best” finds because of the possibilities on the horizon! 
now the Silurian 

9B6285DF-775A-41F9-BB02-41B57B8E94F6.thumb.jpeg.9573e6b136ecee164cf2ff010fef3014.jpeg
This is my best eurypterid find of 2019 by leaps and bounds. Amazing little juvenile with a paddle and 4 walking legs. I doubt it but it’s possible a right paddle exists. Let’s hope I can keep finding these critters in 2020.

lastly the Devonian 

333423A7-D055-4E6C-B5B7-C95BAF8B0B9A.thumb.jpeg.b29493814ec8ec51c7b6c18ffe754dc8.jpeg
I found this in April during the Forum group hunt at a now closed location (Briggs rd). It had big Eldredgeops there but now it is being developed on. This had split right through the trilobite and had a bunch in the counterpart. I had to tease out the trilo from the counter part and glue. Proud of this nice 2+ inch beast. In 2020 I’m going to see if I can find a new spot for Eldredgeops. Kinda sad about the loss of this location for collecting. 

Briggs road is closed!?!:o (insert crying emoji here)

FossilDAWG

I'm sure All can fill in the details, but I recall him posting that someone bought the site, put up a house, and filled in the pit with dirt/rock produced by digging the foundation.

Don

Al Tahan
1 hour ago, FossilDAWG said:

I'm sure All can fill in the details, but I recall him posting that someone bought the site, put up a house, and filled in the pit with dirt/rock produced by digging the foundation.

Don

Yea the land was purchased and a house is being built on the hill. The site was bulldozed and is completely unrecognizable. Very sad and unfortunate. The new owner is Very nice but there’s nothing left :( 

dinosaur man

My most favourite find of 2019 is this a possible Prosauropod footprint, from Parrsboro Nova Scotia. 

2BF3B5B2-0FEF-454A-B1AE-8BC02BE1E4FA.jpeg

caterpillar

Very nice JP

jpc
7 hours ago, caterpillar said:

Not the biggest but the rarest, for me this Leptadapis mandible from eocene of southwest France

Leptadapis sp.jpg

salut caterpillar-

Leptadapis.... is that an Adapidae?  So I assume this is rather small, right?  Very nice little jaw.  

Al Tahan

Wow so many great finds!! Crazy to think these fossils were lost (or buried) to the world until we found them last year :zzzzscratchchin:

caterpillar
11 hours ago, jpc said:

salut caterpillar-

Leptadapis.... is that an Adapidae?  So I assume this is rather small, right?  Very nice little jaw.  

Yes, Adapidae, 45mm