KingSepron

This is my current labelled collection. I have other stuff that I found on a fossil hunting holiday in the South West of England, but I’m very amateur so I don’t actually know the scientific names for a lot of them.

Everything on this shelf was found except the teeth on the left and right, which were bought on the Isle of Wight. 

Essentially everything on this shelf was ID’d by members of this forum, except the pyrite and favositid, which were ID’d by friends, and the igneous rock and ammonites, which I didn’t feel i needed to have ID’d.

The ammonites are my pride and joy, very detailed.

660C93D8-6436-492C-83BC-CE97A893AAFA.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Organizing and labeling is what I need to be doing today (as you've done) instead of surfing TTF, but can't help myself.  ARG!!!!  Nice, organized collection.

34 minutes ago, Ruger9a said:

Organizing and labeling is what I need to be doing today (as you've done) instead of surfing TTF, but can't help myself.  ARG!!!!  Nice, organized collection.

Thanks! I've got an excel spreadsheet too

Nice beginning. :)

You're right, those ammonites from the Isle of Wight are very nice indeed. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

The new shelf that I’ve completed.

Angle is weird because there’s a bunch of personal pictures behind them.

All of these were bought for me for Christmas.

In this photo:

x27 Sand shark teeth

x4 Eagle Ray Dental Plates

x1 Arionoceras

x1 Ammonite (Don’t know anything more)

I was gonna ask for an id on the ammonite, but i bother this forum too much already so i left it.

89C51498-0D71-42FA-90E8-8D9F8AB684BA.jpeg

Nice start to a collection and I like the round display shelves. The ammonite on the last picture is properly a Goniatite but it quite blurry and it is from Morocco. I never cared for polished ammonites until @Tidgy's Dad did a fascinating post on Moroccan fossil shops and their trade. After then I gained a big appreciation and my sister gave me one just like yours a coupe of Christmas ago. The other ammonites are probably something like perisphinctids and from Madagascar? You have reminded me to update my ammonite collection on TFF.  

cheers Bobby 

• I found this Informative 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Nice start to a collection and I like the round display shelves. The ammonite on the last picture is properly a Goniatite but it quite blurry and it is from Morocco. I never cared for polished ammonites until @Tidgy's Dad did a fascinating post on the Moroccan fossil shops and their  trade. After then I again a big appreciation and my sister gave me one just like yours a coupe of Christmas ago. The other ammonites are probably something like perisphinctids and from Madagascar? You have reminded me to update my ammonite collection on TFF.  

cheers Bobby 

The other ammonites are Perisphinctes, and goniatite was actually my guess so that's reassuring!

Populating the news shelves.

At the top is a Harpoceras and a Hildaite

Middle shelf has two ammonites that aren’t in good enough condition to ID, with a sand shark tooth next to them, and a Pecten Bivalve on the other side.

At the bottom is a bit of Mica, two belemnite spikes, a pecten death cluster and a broken devils toenail.

43B32CB8-E117-495E-99E6-CD8E89962A9A.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...