Fossil Sites in Maryland?

Johnny676767

Hello,

I am in Maryland (near Annapolis) and hope to take my 9-year-old son fossil hunting. He really enjoyed our hunt in Pennsylvania (Beltzville) last week. I have heard of Calvert Cliffs (any advice?) but would also be interested in other sites. We could drive to sites in southern PA, northern VA or DC. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

1 hour ago, Johnny676767 said:

Hello,

I am in Maryland (near Annapolis) and hope to take my 9-year-old son fossil hunting. He really enjoyed our hunt in Pennsylvania (Beltzville) last week. I have heard of Calvert Cliffs (any advice?) but would also be interested in other sites. We could drive to sites in southern PA, northern VA or DC. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

This is a link to a TFF forum location with older threads about "Maryland". Possibly there is something there,,,

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/forum/110-maryland/

Although my daughter lives in Millersville,  she is not a fossil hunter.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Check out Purse State Park in Nanjemoy, MD. Paleocene shark teeth, ray plates and the occasional crocodile tooth. I would say it's a pretty good site for kids as the teeth are relatively abundant and it's easy to access (down a short trail from a parking spot off the road).