NSR Gastropod ID

Planko

5e111d2e31e80_GyrodeGentii1-4-2020.thumb.jpg.d31bb24b8c473663d32f11fa713642b0.jpg

Thinking Gyrode Gentii but wanted to be sure before labeling. Found NSR in some grey matrix. I know picture is not great. Just got in and a lot to do.

I do have a question. What are people looking for when the smash open the, what I call, thunder rocks? There were a lot smashed and did not see that they took anything. Some where quite large. 

As always, thank you for any help. 

Generally Thunder Rocks are cut and polished as shown below.  Do they look similar to this one when split/broken?

Thunder Rock #103a.jpg

Thunder Rock #103b.jpg

I would think so but they are broken into many pieces. I have had a couple smaller ones cut before and they are very beautiful like yours above.  I only used thunderstone because Thats is what they remind me of. 

These have a brown colored quartz in them. Like I said some of these are very large. 2-3 ft across. If I eat my cheerios I might just haul one out to cut it. I will take some pics. 

No, that I do not. I try not taking my phone down in the river. I will next time though. My apologies. 

I would label it as Gyrode gentii. I found some pretty similar a few weeks back, and that's what I've labeled mine. Picture for comparison below.

20200105_052614.jpg

Gastropod also might be Pyropsis

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

17 hours ago, Planko said:

Well, could be it seems. Hummm..calling all gastropod experts. 

I'm going off of the location for mine, as I found mine at the local Ladonia park where similar have been found. It very well could be a Pyropsis, gastropods aren't really my thing but it does look similar. With them being internal molds, there aren't any outside diagnostic features to go off of for certainty.

I think you might be on to something. My Gyrode have a suture that is protruded. This one is rather flat like the Pyropsis.