Winner of the December 2019 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month

digit

Congratulations on an awesome discovery, Sky.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congrats on the amazing Find and the win! 
:yay-smiley-1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Terrific find and something that one doesn't see very often. 

Congratulations!:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Congrats on the amazing find!!! I knew this fossil had paw-tential when I saw it entered in the contest :P 

Please do excuse the terrible dad joke lol

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Congrats Skylar, that's a awesome find:wub::yay-smiley-1:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

12 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Terrific find and something that one doesn't see very often. 

Congratulations!:)

Well, technically no one has ever seen the manus of P. Azael before now :popcorn:

Even though it’s part of both our collections i’m still a little jealous (but very happy for her) that she found it instead of me, lol. There’s a bit of friendly competition between us :D

• I found this Informative 5

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

2 hours ago, Ash said:

Well, technically no one has ever seen the manus of P. Azael before now :popcorn:

Even though it’s part of both our collections in still a little jealous (but very happy for her) that she found it instead of me, lol. There’s a bit of friendly competition between us :D

The good Mrs. P04 regularly reminds me that for all my fossil prowess, she has still found the largest ammonite in our house. :P And she stopped collecting with me 18 years ago!

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks everyone! We're both pretty excited about it and what it will contribute to a bigger project we are fleshing out with the appropriate persons :)

40 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

The good Mrs. P04 regularly reminds me that for all my fossil prowess, she has still found the largest ammonite in our house. :P And she stopped collecting with me 18 years ago!

To be fair, Ash had sent me ahead to look first-he usually does when it makes sense to do so and even does so just when an area looks promising :wub: 

It doesn't matter in the end in that we are both equally happy for each other's finds and they go to our shared collection, but we work well as a team, covering different areas to cover more ground or taking turns trailing behind the other to find what the other missed. I usually keep my head down, so I see things closer and more obscurely covered; Ash usually looks ahead so sees the larger, more exposed fossils. So sometimes I am sent ahead when an area looks clear of snakes or when an area looks good for small fossils. Other times an area looks like it may have snakes or the like, so Ash goes ahead because he looks ahead naturally and has a better chance of spotting snakes. He then finds the larger specimens and I sweep behind to make sure nothing smaller was missed. I love that we are a team that works fluidly in this way. But I am digressing-my point is, I will give credit where it is due in that Ash is immensely selfless a lot of the time in allowing me to go first in a lot of circumstances, which allowed me to make this discovery. But, we did it as a team. Unfortunately, fotm isn't designed for awarding couples/teams, only singular persons. But in all honesty, Ash deserves this fotm just as much as I (if not more) for his selflesness in our relationship in making discoveries such as this. 

• I found this Informative 5

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

OK, so how about that trade now?

I believe you mentioned you wanting a couple of crinoid segment pieces for those bones. :fingerscrossed:

• I found this Informative 1

Congrats !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations!! :D 

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

• digit unfeatured this topic

Fantastic find and win... Articulation is difficult...

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"