Winner of the December 2019 Invertebrate/Plant Fossil Of The Month

digit

Congratulations Rumert! 

Great fossil association. :) 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Congratulations!  It was a stiff competition this month, but anyone would agree that your ammonite/gastropod combination is amazing! :wub: :drool: :wub:

Don

Thank you very much! That's an honor and a largely unexpected one taking into consideration the other specimens. I'd be excited to find a squid's ink sac or a fossil coconut or that awesome brach getting ready for take-off:D When the ink sac and the coconut entered I thought OK, this little ammo is not gonna make it:shakehead: I was surprised it did take the lead and the following days I lost a lot of nerve cells because the race was so tight and it lasted like an eternity:) Thank you everybody who voted for the ammonite and the snail, thank you contestants and thank you moderators ( @digit  and the crew) for this awesome event:default_clap2:

• I found this Informative 5

Congratulations, Yuri.  It is a gorgeous find!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations! 

Is that soft tissue preserved on the gastropod?

Tom

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"

2 hours ago, RuMert said:

Thank you very much! That's an honor and a largely unexpected one taking into consideration the other specimens. I'd be excited to find a squid's ink sac or a fossil coconut or that awesome brach getting ready for take-off:D When the ink sac and the coconut entered I thought OK, this little ammo is not gonna make it:shakehead: I was surprised it did take the lead and the following days I lost a lot of nerve cells because the race was so tight and it lasted like an eternity:) Thank you everybody who voted for the ammonite and the snail, thank you contestants and thank you moderators ( @digit  and the crew) for this awesome event:default_clap2:

Congrats! It has amazing colours.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Hi,

Congrats RuMert, a very nice ammonite, and an unexpected gastropod. Maybe from the Aporrhaidae family ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Woohoo! Congrats! :yay-smiley-1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Well done on this beautiful little jewel! :yay-smiley-1:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Congratulations, this was a good race.

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

9 hours ago, RuMert said:

Would be nice but doubtful

What are the "appendages " emerging from the gastropod?

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

Thank you all very much for the kind words!

10 minutes ago, TOM BUCKLEY said:

What are the "appendages " emerging from the gastropod?

Well, those are parts of the shell. Maybe I used an incorrect term for them. Another of the same species (view from the back)

IMG_20191212_152109.jpg

10 hours ago, RuMert said:

Thank you all very much for the kind words!

Well, those are parts of the shell. Maybe I used an incorrect term for them. Another of the same species (view from the back)

IMG_20191212_152109.jpg

Now I see. What I was calling "appendages " were actually part of the shell.  Thanks for the additional photo and congratulations again on a beautiful specimen. 

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

I knew when I saw your initial post showing how you collect these, that your finds would be a winner. I was so glad that you entered the contest. Keep up your unique posts and I will look forward to the next and next and next one!!!!!!!! Oh, by the way, CONGRATULATIONS. 

Mike