Rockd map accuracy / alternatives

Dimitris

Hello everyone!

Its winter now and I am in Bulgaria, therefore I do not have many options for fossil hunting so I invest in research! What else to do with lots of cold...

I visited the Natural History museum of Sofia, saw some localities but did not manage to pinpoint them on map. Searching the whole area around 100km diameter I found this publication 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233502325_Late_Valanginian-Hauterivian_cephalopod_fauna_from_the_Stara_Planina_Mountain_eastern_Serbia

It is ideal for me, weather permitting of course.

The locality is called Vladikina Ploča, 43.191028, 22.742052 , 3KM NW of Rsovci and 20km East driving from Pirot.

I read the whole publication and the ammonites found there date 139.8-129.4MY.

On Rockd however, south of Rsovci states that the formations are Early Cretaceous 145-100. 

North from Rsovci (where the publication states) the formations are Early/Middle Jurasic 201-163.5, thing that would not match with the research.

According to @Darko and other pictures found on Google, the location must be where exactly I placed the pin point. The color of the mountain looks the same at least(light dark grey).

Any ideas where I could find a more accurate map?

PS> @Darko If you want we can arrange a trip there, when the weather is good!

map.jpg

map - Copy.jpg