MissouriFossil

Three different people have posted what I think is a very similar if not the same fossil.  In my original post I said it was Mississippian. However, I did purchase it from a dealer that described where he found it.  I was not there. He was elderly at the time so there could have been confusion. I think he has passed now, so no way to know

Let's assume age is unknown.

Here are the other postings.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BCMTpriMfuSoaCi79

IMG_20191221_205015.jpg

22 minutes ago, MissouriFossil said:

The link attached has mine lying next to a half dollar

Please post any relevant photos to the Forum.  Unlike Facebook, we intend for the Forum to be a source of information for the long term.  Links to photo hosting services tend to  become unusable, leaving us with a useless waste of server space when no-one can see the photos and so have no way to make sense of the written responses.  Also, we ask that people try to avoid using coins for scale, though I know some people still do that.  The Forum has members from all over the world, and they may have no idea of the size of a US half dollar, any more than US members are likely to be familiar with every possible foreign coinage.

Don

• I found this Informative 2

Thank you Don but the 3.95MB restriction wasn't going to work.  I am not good at all at posting and I didn't know how to link to the other postings from before. Looks like someone did though. Thanks Piranha!  Good point on the coins too.